Sunday, July 12, 2015

Review: Queen of Someday by Sherry Ficklin

Queen of Someday (Stolen Empire, #1)Queen of Someday by Sherry D. Ficklin
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Queen of Someday tells us the story of Sophie, who would later becomes Catherine the Great of Russia. Sophie is somewhat of a rebellious child, she doesn't really like to do what her mother tells her, and she has a mind of her own. She becomes the favorite for Peter the heir to the Russian throne.

I actually liked Sophie, she has a certain spunk about her that sort of won me over, yet then again the woman she becomes is quite well liked by her people when she rules. I understand that the author says she might have taken some liberties with dates and some people. However I do think she did her research, so it does not spoil the story to much.

This sort of reminded me of the 1995 TV movie with Catherine Zeta Jones, which may not have been completely historical accurate as well. I just remember how horrid Peter was in the movie as well.

I am looking forward to reading the next two books in the series.

I am sort of curious about the title though, is it a metaphor.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment