Saturday, July 4, 2015

Review: Island of a Thousand Springs by Sarah Lark

Island of a Thousand SpringsIsland of a Thousand Springs by Sarah Lark
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really do have to say one thing, I love Sarah Lark. She writes a tale so interesting that one doesn't really want to put down the book. Yet it is also her attention to detail, such as the setting and the people that also make the story a good one.

Like In the Land of the Long White Cloud the journey is not an easy one. Yet this one did not seem to be as sorrowful.

I have to admit, I did not like the main character at first, her naivety was extremely annoying. Some might think she was just extremely hopeful and didn't give up easily. Yet this really didn't seem to a strength to me, just something to shake my head at. She never really moved on from her first love, I might have found that endearing at first, but after falling in love the second time, let it go.

Also like her other book, the setting becomes an entity that in itself tells its own tale. I love the fact she doesn't hide things in her book that might make some people uncomfortable. I am looking forward to the sequel and future books.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment