Monday, July 27, 2015

Review: Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

The Kiss of Deception (The Remnant Chronicles, #1)The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Reviewing a book like The Kiss of Deception is not difficult because its really good, however I really think the author was sort of clever in playing the deception on the reader like she did.

Or was I the only one confused about who was the prince and who was the assassin until the middle.

Okay let me start from the beginning...

I really liked Lia, she wanted more with her life than being a pawn in the kingdom's politics. I see her being happy with just being a barmaid with Pauline. She runs away from her duty, but one she really does not want. Maybe I understand that, and its easy to do. However she learns that running away isn't always the choice that one is going to be able to keep.

She meets Rafe and Kaden, two strangers who strike her interest. They both play protectors, and they both have other intentions when it comes to Lia.

I actually found myself liking both of these guys, it became very unclear what they were actually going to do until the middle.

Okay in not giving away any spoilers...well the rest of the book is good too.

Hints: Kidnapping, an object to decipher, feelings to be sorted out, and truthfully still figuring out the intentions of others.

The biggest hint...no one is telling the truth.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment