Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Top Ten Bookish things I want to quit

Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday a meme hosted by Broke and Bookish.


Top Ten bookish things I want to quit

1. Not finishing a series:

I know this is a bad habit...but seriously what person can say they never finished Allegient, So my 2016 goal is finishing those series that I have started and trying my best to break this habit

2. Judging a book by its cover

This may sound cliche I fall in love with covers all the time, but then hate the content. I have learned to do some research into what the book is about first, and reading a few reviews. This sort of leads into my third thing

3. Not Judging a book by others review

Just because one person didn't like it, doesn't mean the book will be the same for you. I hate to admit I sort of let this happen a few times in the past. The same goes for the opposite too, everyone loves loves the book and it just falls short for you, again I don't think this is a bad thing, not every book is going to be a hit.

4. Buying books I might not read

I can't be the only one who does this, I really have this thing about see a book for free, or buying books for 99cents and not ever reading them. I just read that many books go unread on ereaders, and I know I have some I may not ever read, so maybe that 99 cents can get get saved for that new book that I really want.

5. Arc-envy

You know that I see people with arcs every day on twitter, I almost broke down once into begging mood. I had to step back and think for a second. I could try to write to the publishers, but I am not that well-equipped. I don't have many followers. I am trying better on Netgalley to get my rating up. There are so many 2016 books I want to read, I am just going to have to wait until I get them. In the very least it gives me something to look forward too.

6. Getting rid of books-

Gasp...no I said it, I really need to do a major clean out, I have book that I have had since middle school. Honestly do I really need them all, no. I have a hard time with this, books are memories to me, but they are a pain in the butt to move. (Just ask my sister lol)

7. Getting to know people

I have learned through Twitter that book bloggers are amazing people, they are there to help when you need it. Authors are more open to conversations than I first thought. I have to learn how to open up more. This may not be such a bookish habit as it is a life habit.

I may have some more of these, but I can't think of any at the moment. Do you guys have any bookish habits you want to break?

4 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better, I haven't started reading Allegiant either!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/top-ten-tuesday-25/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list!
    And i can relate to so many of those.
    I have the arc envy! It is not horrible, but i can say that with specific books i am very envious when other get their hands on it months before i am able. Most of the time i can wait, no problem, but every now and again...
    And the getting to know people?
    I have such problems just knowing what to tweet, let alone starting a conversation with someone that has lots of followers on there. Or just leaving blog comments. And i don't know why. All of the people i do talk to are so nice! Which is why i am currently working on getting better with that and leaving comments on blogs i just found. like yours :)


    My TTT: http://booksbeautifylife.blogspot.de/2015/10/top-10-tuesday-my-top-10-bookish.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always nice to hear from new people, thanks for the comment

      Delete