Monday, September 16, 2013

Review- The Binding Stone by Lisa Gail Green

The Binding Stone (Djinn, #1)The Binding Stone by Lisa Gail Green
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I received this book by the author for an honest review.

My likes:
Some of the supporting characters- Sophie was an cute and innocent addition to the cast. And even though I didn't like Gabe at the beginning of the book, he became a good character by the end (and then man...why do you have to do that was there any point)

The story concept about a Djinn isn't one commonly used. I really think the author did some research into some of the legends.

I really liked how Jered wasn't one of those power-hunger kind of characters, he didn't like hurting other people and really cared for others. (But way to trusting and naive, even with a friend like Gabe)

My In-betweens

Leela- She was a character that I maybe I could like, but maybe I could hate, I am still up in there air about her.

My Dislikes

The flashback sequences: They became to distracting, and I know they were there for the back story, but I think there might have been one to many.

I was kinda wondering why she brought back Cepheaus in the end, what exact purpose did it serve other then to torture her main character.

And speaking of torture...I think it went on a little to long, and well it seemed to be a gap filler.

And then the big one of the person she killed at the end of the book, I mean why what point was there in doing that...


I am all for giving a new series a second chance, so if there is another one, I would probably read it. However as a recommendation it would depend on the person, but there is potential here I think.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment