Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Review- Scarlet by Marissa Meyer

Scarlet (Lunar Chronicles, #2)Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

So this was pretty much an easy read, I knew how much I loved Cinder (Lunar Chronicles, #1) and didn't expect any less from this one by Marissa Meyer.

I really thought she integrated the new characters well into the story of what had already happen to Cinder in the first book. And lucky me I actually read about Wolf in the story entitled The Queen's Army (Lunar Chronicles, #1.5) it gives a little more insight into his character.

Now to get down to the story, Scarlet's grandma is missing and Scarlet thinks she has been kidnapped, while others think she just ran away. Some think that Grandma is a little loopy in the first place (I don't think she is loopy, maybe just eccentric). After a interesting scene in a bar, she meets Wolf, a true Alpha, I think its really hard to tell if Wolf is a trustworthy person or not, and this takes a few twists and turns in the book.

We also find the return of Cinder and Kai from the first book, and while I feel really conflicted about their relationship because if Kai really understood Cinder from the beginning then how could he believe anything bad about her. She lied about being a cyborg, but I think he looked past that, but the other thing...please how could you compare Cinder to the Lunar Queen. I hope all turns out well for them in the end.

I can't wait to read the third book in this series, and what an amazing cover Cress (Lunar Chronicles, #3)

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment