Thursday, August 29, 2013

Review: Greta and The Goblin King by Chloe Jacobs

Greta and the Goblin King (Mylena Chronicles, #1)Greta and the Goblin King by Chloe Jacobs
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

So have you watched the movie Labyrinth...

(If you haven't...go out and watch it, its the only time that anyone would think that David Bowie is sexy)

Greta and Goblin King is nothing like the movie, but I mean who thinks that a goblin king can be sexy...its a weird concept, but geeze I absolutely loved the character of Isaac, he is hot. Greta is pretty bad ass herself, and she is fighting her feelings for this hot guy. I can hear Isaac saying Jareth's line at the end of the movie "I ask for so little. Just fear me, love me, do as I say and I will be your slave." Its one of those lines that makes your heart skip a beat.

So should you read the book, I liked the story, even though I really thought we started in the middle of Greta's story for some reason. She is a human hiding her humanity in the middle of a world of supernatural creatures that hate humans. There is this eclipse that turns these creatures even crazier, and she has to survive it, but not alone. She has found a group of human boys, of which I couldn't help love little Jacob, he is so sweet. I really think this book needs a prequel, I would love to learn more about Greta.

There is enough going on to keep a reader interested, and I am not telling you the whole story, it may get confusing at a couple of points in the book. And even though I kinda got the end, I just felt it just stopped all of a sudden.

Aside from these little problems, I think its a good book.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment