Sunday, June 14, 2015

Review: Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine

Of Metal and Wishes (Of Metal and Wishes #1)Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

For one thing, I really liked this book. The writing was amazing, so descriptive and detailed.

This is a retelling in a way, you can see the similarities to Phantom of the Opera. Yet, I think is a better story, it doesn't leave any guesses on what happens.

Wen is a fascinating character, she is clever yet innocent, curious to a fault. The setting is an interesting choice, sort of gruesome, and does not have the opulence of an opera house. Bo is another interesting character, what he has done in his seven years is surprising, and as the ghost of the factory, he has the eyes and ears to everything.

I am curious to see what happens in the second book, I think Wen's choices may be the opposite of what everyone thinks.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment